Speech by prof. dr. Kilger, ISS, on August 29, 2018 - on the occasion of the 3rd International Lithography Days in Munich:
History of the colloquium
5th december 2017 - video:
House of town history
6th december 2017 - video:
1. Introduction to the seminar
2. First section
3. Second part
Presentation materials of the participants
Pictures of the colloquium on 5 and 6 december 2017
(Dorsch, Gehrmann, Weber)
Dear Sir or Madam,
the International Senefelder Foundation as already informed on the 6th of December, 2017 her first Senefelder Colloquium in Offenbach. This is the international day of lithography. On account of many feedbacks now we send You specifics. The most important topics will exist of keynote lecture, the short presentations of the participants and a presented discussion about the theses paper. In the eve we are welcomed with receipt in the city hall and afterwards mutually get to know. Before the the possibility the inspection of the collection of the foundation exists. A conference fee is not raised, information to place and overnight possibility is informed after the shapeless registration.
We would be glad, if possibly many take part, which are active with lithograph stones.
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Kilger Chairman of Senefelder Foundation
“Quo vadis: saxa loquuntur?”
05.12.2017 (House of Municipal history / Town hall)
16.00 h Möglichkeit der Besichtigung der Senefeldersammlung /
Possibiltiy to visit the Senefelder collection
(House of city history)
19.00 h Empfang im Rathaus Offenbach /
Reception in the Town Hall Offenbach
06.12.2017 (Landeskunsthochschule Offenbach/academy of fine art)
09.00 h Registrierung / Registration
09.15 h Begrüßung / Welcome
09.30 h Keynote-Vortrag u. Diskussion / Keynote lecture and discussion
10.30 h Kaffeepause / Coffee break
11.00 h Panorama 1
12.30 h Mittagessen / Lunch
13.30 h Panorama 2
15.00 h Kaffeepause / Coffee break
15.30 h Diskurs: Thesen 1 – 4 / Discourse Theses 1 - 4
17.00 h Abreisen / Departure
1. Professional lithography has died in the 20th century. Presently there are worldwide few experts, the professional experience in the historical printing technology. To counter the loss of skill existing knowledge to transfer and document the material and immaterial inheritance necessary.
2. The artistic lithography uses possibilities of impression in link with experimental and creative techniques. Their goal is not in the professional duplication of templates, but in the creative process for the production of art. Since these artistic processes are an important one further development of lithography, are transfer and documentation of these artistic processes.
3. The value of original printing techniques is currently too low on market rated. Although the production of a lithography both professional and temporal requires a higher effort than for other artistic techniques, the countervalue is not generally perceived. It is necessary, artisans, collectors, museums, gallery owners and critics convince that hand prints of lithographs in small edition as originals to be displayd.
4. Although most lithography workshops know of other facilities and some meetings have been held, is a network of all worldwide activities necessary. It should be possible, that in a network exchange, cooperation and information will be better.